• CV on request

Admitted as a Solicitor of England and Wales in 2001.

Ksenia Orlova is a recognised sole practitioner regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority registered number 553051.

English and Russian

Complaints procedure

Complaints procedure

I want to give you the best possible service. However, if at any point you become unhappy or concerned about the service I have provided then you should inform me immediately, so that I can do my best to resolve the problem quickly and fairly. Making a complaint will not affect how I handle your case. There is no other fee earner working at the firm so I cannot offer you the ability to complain to anyone else within the firm. The process I can offer is as follows:

  • Step 1: Please let me know the full nature of the problem by writing to me on ksenia@orlovasolicitors.com or to Longfields, Manchester Road, Sway SO41 6AS.
  • Step 2: I will write to you acknowledging your complaint within three working days.
  • Step 3: I will investigate the matter by reviewing the file within five working days of acknowledging receipt of your complaint. If for some reason your complaint cannot be investigated within this timeframe I will write to you and notify you of this together with the reason why and giving you a revised timeframe. Once the investigation has been completed, I shall invite you to a meeting to discuss the issues you have raised and hopefully resolve the complaint. This meeting will take place within 14 days of my finishing my investigation of the matter. I will write to you within 5 working days of the meeting to confirm our discussion and the solution (if any) agreed upon.
  • Step 4: If you do not want to or are unable to attend a meeting, I will send you a detailed written response including a proposed solution within 14 days of my finishing my investigation of the matter.
  • Step 5: If you are satisfied with my response at either Step 3 or Step 4 above, then that will be the end of the matter. If you remain unsatisfied, you can ask the Legal Ombudsman to become involved (see section «What to do if I cannot resolve your complaint» below).

What to do if I cannot resolve your complaint

The Legal Ombudsman can help you if I am unable to resolve your complaint myself. They will look at your complaint independently and it will not affect how I handle your case.

Before accepting a complaint for investigation, the Legal Ombudsman will check that you have tried to resolve your complaint with me first. If you have, then you must take your complaint to the Legal Ombudsman:

  • Within six months of receiving a final response to your complaint; and
  • No more than six years from the date of act/omission; or
  • No more than three years from when you should reasonably have known there was cause for complaint.

If you would like more information about the Legal Ombudsman, please contact them.

Contact details

Visit: www.legalombudsman.org.uk
Call: 0300 555 0333 between 9.00 to 17.00.
Email: enquiries@legalombudsman.org.uk
Legal Ombudsman PO Box 6806, Wolverhampton, WV1 9WJ

What to do if you are unhappy with my behaviour

The Solicitors Regulation Authority can help if you are concerned about my behaviour. This could be for things like dishonesty, taking or losing your money or treating you unfairly because of your age, a disability or other characteristic.

Visit their website to see how you can raise your concerns with the Solicitors Regulation Authority.

Back to Home Page